User shall be bound by this Policy. If the User avails the Services of the Company, the User shall be subject to this Policy. By availing the Services, the User shall be contracting with the Company and the Terms and Conditions, Agreement including the policies constitutes User's binding obligations, with the Company. User will be subject to the agreement, rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to the Services, and they shall be deemed to be incorporated into and shall be considered as a part of this Policy. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy, at any time without any prior written notice to the User. It is the User's sole responsibility to review this Policy periodically for updates or changes and in any event prior to availing the Services. The User's act of availing the Services following the posting of changes shall be deemed to mean that the User accepts and agrees to the revisions.
Availing the Services indicates the User's agreement and consent to this Policy. Users are advised to read this Policy carefully before proceeding. By impliedly or expressly accepting this Policy, the User also accepts and agrees to be bound by this Policy as amended from time to time.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before using or registering on the website or accessing any material, information or availing services through the website. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not use the website or avail any services being offered through the website.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take in our efforts to keep your data secure and the uses and disclosures we make of it. We also explain the options you have in relation to your personal data.
When you request services from us, through our website, utilize our mobile "apps" or otherwise interact with us, through our website, official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Facebook) or the "apps" on those pages, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
This policy covers the personal data we collect about you in connection with our vehicle rental business which identifies you as User/Hirer. It does not apply to data that does not personally identify you as an individual, for example, but without limitation, aggregated anonymous data, IP addresses, computer operating systems, personal preferences, vehicle identification numbers, etc. We are free to use data that does not identify you as an individual as we wish. This policy does not apply to data collected by third party social networks (such as Facebook), mobile device manufacturers, third party "mobile apps", wireless service providers, internet service providers or the operators of any networks through which you may interact with us and we expressly disclaim any responsibility for the data collection, privacy or data security practices of those entities. With regard to pages on third party social networks, this policy only applies to personal data we collect through our pages (those with a direct link to this policy) and does not apply to any "unofficial" pages or pages of our affiliates or licensees.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on the applicable website(s), mobile "apps" or our third party social network page(s). Whenever we make a change, we will amend the "last updated" notice under the "Scope" heading in the "Overview" section above
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than exhuastive.
What We Collect
We collect the personal data and the non-personal data we need to process your reservation requests and to provide the services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email address;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and driver's license number and, upon our request, a copy of your driver's license;
- Your gender and photo;
- Employer(s) name, address and phone number;
- Credit card information;
- Frequent flyer and other membership reward or loyalty program information;
- Affiliations with or sponsorships by companies, associations, colleges or cities;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us or to access our mobile "apps" or of the vehicle you have rented;
- Information regarding the vehicle rented and its operation during your rental;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions;
- Information transmitted by your computer's browser software;
- Itinerary information, including airline and/or flight information; and
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies.
- sensitive personal data or information, as such term is defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices And Procedures And Sensitive Personal Data Of Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000
- Identification code of Your communication device which you use to access the Website, any other information that you provide during your registration, use of availing of services via Website and other relevant documents viz; driving license and additional address cum identity proofs, as prescribed under the terms and conditions, policies of Agreement of Formula2Ride.
By providing information to create a member account or complete your user profile, you expressly and voluntarily accept this Policy.
Please note that if you wish to avail service from us and need to provide sensitive data, you consent to that data being collected, used, retained and disclosed for our Operational Uses. We will not use sensitive data about you for marketing purposes.
We collect personal data directly from you in connection with a booking or a rental of a vehicle or your membership in any of our membership programs, including information you provide:
- When you call our reservation, customer service, customer contact or member care centers;
- On our websites;
- On our mobile "apps";
- On our official third party social network pages;
- Through your computer's web browser;
- At rental locations;
- When you join our membership programs.
Certain technologies are used on our websites and on mobile devices to collect data about your visit or usage, as follows:
A "cookie" is a set of data sent to your computer or mobile device by a web server that enables the server to recognize your computer or mobile device
Cookies help improve the quality of your visits to websites, for example, but not limitation, by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information the cookies provide helps in the development of content and features that may be of interest to you.
- Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page ("session cookies"); and
- Recognize you at your next visit ("persistent cookies").
Third party cookies may also be used on our websites for the purpose of:
- Such third parties providing goods or services to you (for example, but without limitation, an insurance carrier paying or reimbursing you for a vehicle or equipment in connection with insurance replacement rentals);
- Performing services on our behalf;
- Facilitating business transactions with or through such third parties; or
- Providing advertisements to you.
More about cookies…
- If you restrict our use of session cookies you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser.
- If you restrict our use of persistent cookies you may still enjoy the full workings of our websites and e-mail messages but will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session. Although persistent cookies will neither automatically be erased nor made unavailable to us upon closing your browser, they will typically "expire" after a number of years.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that our cookies are unable to retrieve other data from your computer's hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
Pixel Tags are used to collect typically anonymous data to help identify types of information, including popular destinations, average rental prices, quote and conversion rates, click-throughs and other information to improve the service you receive or the relevance of advertising directed to you. Pixel Tags may also be used to identify which online advertisement or email has brought you to a website.
Further, certain Pixel Tags may be used by other companies for the purpose of tracking visits to their websites, identifying if such internet traffic came from one of our websites or confirming your eligibility to receive services or benefits from such other companies.
Third party cookies or Pixel Tags may collect information about a user of our site's online activities over time and across different web sites.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use our websites and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of our websites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on, or other technology in connection with, your browser (including through the use of Pixel Tags).
We do not respond to a web browser's "do not track" signal, or other mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individuals who use or visit our websites.
As the internet and other eCommerce channels continue to develop, we may deploy and utilize different types of technologies to collect data regarding your visit or usage.
Blogs or Message Boards
Other Company Websites
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We take commercially reasonable measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
- Restricting access to personal data to our employees and service providers on a "need to know" basis;
- Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and
- Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
More about SSL encryption…
"SSL" stands for Secure Sockets Layer encryption. We use this protection when you submit personal data to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to us and that no-one else can read or tamper with it during transmission.
When you are asked to provide your personal data to us on our website, you will see that our "http" website address changes to read "https". The additional "s" denotes that the site is secure for that data transfer. You may also see a closed padlock symbol on your screen, again denoting a secure site.
Security of Communications
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative.
For example, but not limitation, we will send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail or messages. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number or account passwords, in any e-mail or text you send to us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public.
For a more secure way to communicate with us over the Internet, please click on the "Contact Us " link on any page of www.thrifty.com, and follow our instructions.
USES and DISCLOSURES
Your personal data will not be used in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected or as authorized by you. In that regard, by enrolling in one of our membership programs, making a reservation with us, or renting a vehicle from us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for the operational uses listed below which may include disclosure of your data outside your country of residence. We would also like to use and disclose your data for marketing purposes.
Operational Uses and Disclosures
The examples provided below are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices:
To provide you services
We will share your personal data among ourselves, our agents, our licensees and other companies to provide services to you, including to:
- Make your rental reservations;
- Process and/or confirm your transactions;
- Provide you with the services you have requested or, where applicable, enhanced rental services, such as services provided in connection with our membership programs and similar services;
- Provide you services in connection with your rental;;
- Provide you with customer assistance, including, but not limited to, assistance after you have initiated but not completed a reservation;
- Bill and collect amounts owed in connection with your rentals and membership(s); and
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes and to otherwise help us improve our services
To communicate with you
We may use your personal data to communicate with you regarding:
- Any reservation you initiate or rental transaction
- Your membership/status in one of our membership programs; or
- Changes to the terms or features of any of our membership programs to which you belong.
So that we may communicate with you, you give us your consent to call you on or send text messages to your mobile telephone/device. You also consent to our use of auto-dialers and pre-recorded messages in connection with any such telephone call or text message, including calls or texts to mobile telephone numbers. We will not charge you for such calls or texts. Your mobile service provider will charge you according to the applicable plan to which you subscribe.
Disclosure to companies you use
We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your rental, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company or organization that is paying all or part of your rental charges;
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental; and
- Any operator of a membership program for which you are rewarded for renting with us, such as a frequent flyer program.
Protective and legal uses
We may use, share and disclose your personal data for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to recover our vehicles, equipment or any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to assess your credit worthiness
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure to our service providers and agents
We may use other companies (including our affiliates) as our service providers or agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, operating "apps" for us on our social media networks' pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will seek to require our service providers and agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for corporate transactions
We may disclose your personal data to a third party in connection with any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Marketing Uses and Disclosures
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email, by text message or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our licensees, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data, based upon the residence for you in our records, as follows:
- Any or all disputes or differences, arising out of or touching upon or in relation to the terms and conditions including the interpretation and validity thereof and the respective rights and obligations of the parties shall be referred to the Sole Arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 as amended from time to time. The place of Arbitration shall be New Delhi only. Formula2Ride shall have the exclusive right to nominate and appoint the Sole Arbitrator and the Hirer shall not raise any objection thereto. The decision of the Sole Arbitrator shall be final and binding upon both the parties. Costs, expenses of the Arbitration proceedings shall be borne by the parties jointly and severally.
- That the Courts in New Delhi alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all maters or disputes or differences arising under or in connection with or in relation to this Agreement.(need to discuss this)
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name- Mr.Himanshu Malik
Designation- Operations Head
Mobile No.- +91 9650192881
Office Address- 27 Community Centre, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065, India